Cannabinoids have many delivery methods. ritualx products come in the form of a tincture and topical.
|Type of Delivery||Time It Takes to Take Effect||Duration|
|Oral Mucosa (tincture)||15 to 60 minutes||4 to 6 hours|
|Topical (creams, balms)||15 minutes||2 to 4 hours|
Topicals are CBD-infused creams or oils that are applied directly to the skin and absorbed through the epidermis. Because there is no systemic absorption, topicals will affect only the applied area.
Tinctures are a blend of cannabinoids, terpenes, and a carrier oil that are typically administered under the tongue for quick absorption into the body.
A tincture product is administered sublingually (placed under the tongue) and held there for 30 to 60 seconds. This allows for increased absorption via mucous membranes in the mouth, and also partially bypasses premature cannabinoid breakdown in the liver.
Tincture Dosage Guidelines
Cannabinoid dosing is highly individualized. This individualization is completely different from how physicians and patients manage prescription medications, which understandably leads to confusion on how much CBD to take.
It is important to note that cannabinoids are non-FDA regulated and specific dosing guidance is not allowed. This means that a company can’t tell you exactly how many milligrams of CBD you should take for your condition.
Fortunately, this is not a large barrier due to the fact that cannabinoid dosing is highly individualized. For instance, one person may need 2 mg a day to alleviate symptoms, while another person with the same condition may require 200 mg.
Keeping this in mind, the following is a suggested process to determine your dosage:
300 mg Tincture Dosing
- Start with 1/4 dropper (2.5 mg) twice a day for 3 days. One dose in the morning or afternoon, and the next dose at night.
- After three days, assess how that particular dosage works for you. If you are not satisfied with your results, you should increase the dose to 1/2 dropper (5 mg) twice a day for the next 3 days.
- If you are still not satisfied with your results, increase to 3/4 dropper (7.5 mg) twice a day for the next 3 days.
- Continue to increase 1/4 dropper (2.5 mg) a day until you find your optimal dose.
1200 mg Tincture Dosing
If you already know your optimal dose or think that a higher dose may be more beneficial, then our 1200 mg tincture may be right for you.
- Start with 1/4 dropper (10 mg) twice a day for 3 days. One dose in the morning or afternoon, and the next dose at night.
- After three days, assess how that particular dosage works for you. If you are not satisfied with your results, you should increase the dose to 1/2 dropper (20 mg) twice a day for the next 3 days.
- If you are still not satisfied with your results, increase to 3/4 dropper (30 mg) twice a day for the next 3 days.
- Continue to increase 1/4 dropper (10 mg) a day until you find your optimal dose.
Known factors that affect dosing include:
- The current state of your Endocannabinoid System and how it is modulated by cannabinoids
- Your body’s sensitivity to cannabinoids (as seen at CB1, CB2, and other receptor sites)
- Your weight; lighter patients usually require less cannabinoids
- Your gender
- Your diet
- Your activity level
- Your body chemistry and possible pharmaceutical interactions
- Buy a product that you trust, one that is third party independently tested.
- Start with the lowest concentration of the product and slowly work your way up to find your individualized dose.
- Take the product consistently, every day.
- Most individuals start taking their hemp extract at night.
- Be patient. Sometimes it takes a few weeks for you to notice results.
- After your body has become accustomed to your new hemp extract product, you may choose to take it 2-3 times a day to see more consistent benefits.
Don’t Get Discouraged
If you don’t feel anything at first, don’t get frustrated. It just means that you haven’t found your ideal dosage yet. Some people feel the effects immediately, for others it takes weeks.
Keeping a journal can help you establish a consistent routine and will help you to better evaluate how your current dosage is working for your health needs.
For more information about dosing, please contact our Nurse Line!